Under the direction of the Fire Chief, the Emergency Management Office coordinates with City Departments, stakeholders, neighboring jurisdictions, Orange County, the State, and federal partners to Prepare, Mitigate, Respond, and Recover from disasters.
While the City works tirelessly to prepare for emergencies, we rely on residents, businesses, and visitors to be ready no matter what happens. Whether flood, fire, earthquake, or tsunami, these resources can help.
- Sign up for emergency alerts. Alert and Warning System
- Check out our disaster preparedness guide.
- Purchase an emergency backpack or create an emergency kit and family emergency plan
- Know what hazards we face in Laguna Beach and how to prepare for each one. Prepare for an Emergency
- Plan now for an evacuation. Evacuation Routes
- Family, friends, and neighbors with disabilities, access, or functional needs may need a little extra help preparing for an emergency. This link from FEMA can help. FEMA Ready.gov
- Join the Laguna Beach Community Emergency Response Team. Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Review your insurance coverage. Go to OC Public Works and Floodsmart National Flood Insurance Program for more information.