Laguna Beach, CAHome Menu
What We Do
Community Development Department works in partnership with the community to implement the City's vision (General Plan) by physically shaping the city through long-range and current planning services, building plan review, and code enforcement.
Featured News and Documents
- Development Review applications will now require a Counter Appointment with a Planner for submittal, with the exception of design review exempt projects as an optional walk-in. Submittals missing required information will NOT be accepted. New!
- The Planning Division is now paper-free for Plan submittals! When submitting an application for initial submittal, please bring the plans saved onto a USB drive.
- Streamlining Ordinance now in effect! On November 16, 2022, the Coastal Commission took final action on the Streamlining Ordinance. Click here to see what types of projects that are now eligible to be either exempt from design review or qualify for administrative design review.
- Historic Ordinance now in effect! On July 13, 2022, the Coastal Commission certified the City Council-adopted Historic Ordinance. Click here to visit the Historic Preservation webpage to view the changes, staff report, and ordinance.
- Updated Planning and Building Division Fees - Effective July 1, 2022
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Webpage New!
- Proposed Code Amendment to Establish a Bluff Overlay District New!
- Code Enforcement Policy and Procedures
- Quarterly Activity Report - 1st Quarter
- Quarterly Activity Report - 2nd Quarter
- Quarterly Activity Report - 3rd Quarter New!
- How to Get in the Queue New!
Do you have a specific question or concern? Submit it through our Ask Laguna website.