The City Treasurer is elected to serve a four-year term. Working in a part-time capacity, her responsibilities include:
- Chief Investment Officer
- Banking services
- Assessment District Trustee including oversight of Fiscal Agents and District Administrator(s)
- Monitor cash flow
- Conduct the Transient Occupancy Tax and Business Improvement District program reviews
The Deputy City Treasurer, Victoria H. McIntosh, CPA, is a highly qualified volunteer citizen of Laguna Beach.
In 2024, the City of Laguna Beach investment Policy received the “Certificate of Excellence” award from the Association of Public Treasurers of the United States and Canada. It was certified by the California Municipal Treasurers Association in 2019.
While the City shall provide its annual financial report as well as other financial reports on the City website, information with the intention of reaching the investment community is filed on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Boards Electronic Municipal Market Access (EMMA) https://emma.msrb.org/Main/QuickSearch. Other than specific information on EMMA, no other information should be relied upon when making an investment decision.
- Resolution of the City Council of the City of Laguna Beach, California Adding the Responsibilities of an Investment Advisory Committee to the Duties of The Citizens' Audit Committee and Establishing a Citizens' Audit Review and Investment Advisory Committee
- Investment Advisory Review Committee - Citizens' Audit Review and Investment Advisory Committee
- Ad Hoc Investment Status Meetings
- Municipal Bond Basics, a citizens' guide to commonly asked questions, bond types discussed in the March 2016 undergrounding presentation, cost of issuance and citizens' oversight committee.