Laguna Beach, CAHome Menu
The Laguna Beach Police Department responds to burglary and robbery alarms. If you have a burglary or alarm system for your home or business in the City of Laguna Beach, you must obtain an alarm permit from the City through our alarm program administrator, Alarm Program Systems (APS). Each permit lasts two years and costs $35 for a residential alarm system and $50 for a commercial alarm system.
To apply for an alarm permit and register online, visit the Alarm Program Website. If you need assistance getting registered, call the help desk at (888) 865-9770
The police department enforces penalties for false alarms. Laguna Beach Police Officers respond to more than a thousand alarm calls each year. Almost all of these are false alarms. The penalties for excessive false alarms are:
- The penalty fee for any false robbery alarm is $150
- The penalty fee for each false burglary alarm in excess of three in a 12-month period is $125
- The penalty fee for each false burglary alarm in excess of six in a 12-month period is $275
- The penalty fee for each false alarm without an alarm permit is $120 in addition to the above
- There is a 10% charge per month for all unpaid balances up to a maximum of 100%
If you have any questions relating to alarm system permits or fees, please contact Alarm Program Systems at (888) 865-9770.